- Dining deck and Fully licensed bar overlooking a waterhole.
- Curio shop, Entertainment lounge, Tau Spa Oasis, Convention Centre, Boma, Lapa and swimming pool.
- Exciting early morning and afternoon/evening game drives in open
landrovers (After sundown with the aid of powerful spotlights)
- Guest are accompanied by enthusiastic and knowledgeable armed rangers.
- An Informative trail is offered within the Lodge confinements and can be
arranged on request accompanied by your ranger/guide.
- Bush walks in the Reserve itself need to be requested in advance; The NW
Parks Board imposes strict regulations, stipulating that only guests between
the age of 16 and 60 are permitted on Bush walks and a recent medical
certificate of good health has to be presented.
Lion, leopard, black and white rhino, elephant, buffalo, kudu, gemsbok, impala
and eland, cheetah, wild dog and many more.
You can relax in a spacious two-level lounge area and enjoy delectable African
cuisine, on the outdoor dining deck, and at night, during balmy African
evenings, in the traditional African Boma
This is a malaria-free area
Rate is inclusive of 3 meals and 2 safaris and accommodation each day.
- High season rate from 1 November 2016 to 30 April 2017 R 4360.- per person, per night sharing.
- Low season rate from 1 May 2017 to 31 August 2017 R 3250.- per person, per night sharing.
- High season rate from 1 September 2017 to 31 October 2017 R 4360.- per person, per night sharing.
- High season rate from 1 November 2017 to 30 April 2018 R 4795.- per person, per night sharing.
- For any special offers at short notice (two weeks or less before travel) go to
the online booking engine on this website and book your discounted reservation
- For any special offers throughout the year, low season special rates,
quotes for Conference groups and Wedding parties, please contact reservations.
Child Policy - Tau Game Lodge
1. Room sharing and Child Policy
- The standard chalets are suitable for 2 adults only and 3 adults per room
are not accepted.
- 2 Adults and 1 infant / child aged 2 years or under per chalet is accepted
- 2 Adults and 2 children (under 12 years) is accepted only in a deluxe chalet or
- 2 Adults and 1 child and 1 infant per chalet are accepted only in deluxe chalets
or family unit/suite.
- 2 Adults and 2 children per room are not accepted in standard chalets. They are accepted in deluxe chalets and 2-bedroomed family unit / suite.
- 2 children per standard chalet is accepted.
- 3 or 4 children per chalet are not accepted in standard chalets. They are accepted in deluxe chalets and 2-bedroomed family unit / suite.
1.1 Pricing Structure for Children (applies to Standard Chalets unless
- Infants 0 - 2 years
Stay free of charge in a cot - not allowed on safaris
- Child 6 - 11 years, sharing with 1 adult
Pay 50% of the adult rate (standard chalet)
- 2 Children 6 -11 years, occupying their own standard chalet
Oldest Child pays adult sharing rate, other child pays 50% of the adult rate.
(With exception of the peak holidays, Easter, Christmas & New Year period: then
charged as adults)
- 2 Children under the age of 12, occupying 1 room of the family unit
Both children pay the adult sharing rate
- 2 Children under the age of 12, occupying 1 room of the family suite
Both children pay the adult sharing rate
- 2 Children under the age of 12, sharing a deluxe chalet with 2 adults
Both children pay 50% each of the adult rates.
If this room is requested and only 1 child shares with 2 adults, that child pays
the full adult sharing rate, as the room rate for these units is the equivalent
of 3 adults sharing.
- 1 Child 6 - 11 years, occupying his/her own chalet/family unit room
Pays the full adult rate.
- Children 12 years and over
Pay the full adult rate.
1.2 General issues Relating to Children
- Children 6 to 11 years of age are accommodated on standard game drives,
subject to the discretion of Lodge Management.
- Child minders are available in the evenings as well as during the game
drives, at a nominal charge. Child minders are booked on arrival at the
lodge and fees are payable at the lodge on departure.
- Short Kiddies Safaris are provided for the smaller children (3-5 yrs).
- Rates include special child activity package.
- Early dinners for children can be arranged with the lodge caterer.